Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 30, 2009

Sleep: a Love/Hate Relationship

So I really, really hate that we've turned Cayden into a bad sleeper (took 35 minutes to get him asleep at bedtime last night, then he woke at 12:30, 4 and 5:45), but I can't help but love the early morning snuggles I get to enjoy when I bring him to bed with me at his last morning wake-up. He cuddles right under my chin and sleeps so contently for about an hour. His head, although now goofily covered with patches of long hair, is the softest, best-smelling thing ever.

Sigh. This weekend we may bite the bullet and try progressive waiting, although I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Baker on Friday, first.

I know it will be better for all of us in the long run; Chicken Wing doesn't enjoy getting so upset at night either, and I'm sure he'll get better rest when he knows how to put himself back to sleep.

No comments: