Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

TMI at the start of the third tri: at least I’ve held out this long.

For those of my parents' generation, no, I'm not talking about Three Mile Island. Rather, I'm talking about too much information, TMI to the text-obsessed younger folks.

Since this blog has become for me a personal pregnancy journal of sorts, I feel obligated to report all significant developments truthfully and timely. And with a bit of humor, whenever possible. It’s my diary after all. It just happens to have a public audience.

So consider yourselves forewarned: if the rest of the third trimester continues anything like the first day of it did, there’s a great deal of TMI to come. Really, I won’t be offended if page views drop off in the coming days and weeks.

Rather than easing in or sugar coating things, let me just rip the band-aid right off: yesterday I discovered my mammaries have all of a sudden become more than just sexy tatas. They’ve started leaking.

Or working, I guess, is the more appropriate phrase?

Imagine my surprise, when, after getting out of the shower and drying off, a little pressure to the boob made my right nipple drip. At first I thought maybe I just missed a spot with the towel, but further examination and manipulation (I’m sooo glad I was home alone and there are no cameras in the bathroom) proved that nope, it wasn’t water. Apparently it’s colostrum (pre-milk), and it’s perfectly normal.

Normal, but disturbing and shocking, nonetheless.

For Brian as well, who seems utterly confused with what to think of this development. Confused and a little grossed out.

In other news not related to new and unique bodily fluids, baby boy is now 2.25 pounds and 15 inches long. And here’s me, at 28 weeks.

My 28-week appointment with CRNP Pat is tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I'll have more news tomorrow.

No comments: