Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On to Week 9

I'm not going to lie: After the ultrasound, Week 8 kind of sucked. Unprecedented exhaustion, emotions, nauseau, bloating and digestive pains. Seems all of a sudden none of the foods I used to enjoy regulary are appetizing or nice to me. Can't stand the thought of fresh veggies or hummus, chicken made me gag last week and I really thought the smell of Brian's pasta last night would put me over the edge. And the best part is when multiple symptoms combine for total meltdown -- like Sunday night when I was tired, nauseous, sick to my stomach AND the emotions got the best of me so I was a crying mess on the couch. :)

I keep reminding myself of Alissa's advice -- all of this is a wonderful blessing and miracle, even the really sucky parts.

And on the bright side, I haven't actually thrown up to this point, and fruits are my saving grace. I'm eating more oranges, apples, bananas and berries now than I ever did, because fruit seems to be one of the only things that appeals to me.

And Brian has been wonderful. He went out and bought me Ramen noodle soup and prune juice, he spent two hours baking cookies with me and he's always ready to jump up and grab me whatever I need, whether it be a ginger ale, a forgotten prenatal pill or a cat.

Here's hoping Week 9 gets a little better, rather than worse.

Interesting facts for Week 9: tadpole is about the size of a medium green olive at this point, its tail is shrinking and fingers will be discernable by the end of the week.

No comments: