Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Random thoughts from the Lake

After a really rough couple of days (completely sleep-deprived on Monday, we were starting to consider cutting our trip short and coming home earlier this week), Chicken Wing has seemed to settle into a routine: two shorter naps in the swing in the morning (20 - 35 minutes each), then a good 2-hour nap from about 1:30 to 3:30, then another short nap or two in the late afternoon/early evening. Then we try to start the bedtime routine shortly after 8 p.m. (bath, dipey, jammies, nursing, rocking) and we aim for peepers closed at 9 p.m. We've hit 9:05, 9:40, 9:15 and 9:30 the past few nights. And the best part -- Cayden does a solid four to 4.5 hours in his first sleep cycle. Then he's up 2 hours later (around 4 a.m.) and 1.5 hours after that (5:30 to 6 a.m.), but at least we get one good stretch!

Other than that, just a few notes on the different way of life on the lake. I had gone without plucking my eyebrows for eight straight days until I looked in the mirror and realized I really had to get back into the habit. I'm down to showering every other day, and I'm completely fine with it. And I'm surprised my hair isn't permanently kinked because of the top-of-the-head pony-knot I've been sporting day and night for 10 days. Cayden now pulls hair, and IT HURTS. I'm thinking of getting my hair chopped off a la freshman year in college (when Brian called me Timmy for a year), to avoid the hair pulls and discomfort of sleeping with a pony.

And I'm really glad for the time up here. Cayden is becoming easier to manage, and it's good for me to have time to do nothing but watch him and learn from him. No cleaning, no laundry, no household chores. Heck the weather hasn't even been nice enough for me to take a canoe ride, so I've spent nearly every moment here watching him.

But now Mama and Dad are in town for dinner and an afternoon out while Grammy and Grandude watch the little guy, so we're off to enjoy ourselves sans-baby.

No comments: