Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 18, 2009

A personal victory

Well, I made it through a full, five-day work week, and what a week it was.

Supermom I don't proclaim to be, but I am proud to have conquered a week of out-of-the-ordinary challenges and an inbox that sometimes seemed bottomless pretty much unscathed. I didn't sacrifice a single pumping session (although my schedule did require flexibility a couple of days to accommodate pressing business), and I even made time to spend an hour-long lunch today down the street from the office, doing a small part to help Josiah and Christine prepare to welcome home their five-week-early bundle of joy, Rachel Elise.

I did not bring work home a single night, nor did I stay at the office past 5:30 at all. So baby Cayden got his lovey time with Mama, even if it was just an hour and a half each morning and two hours each night.

And despite the more-than-plentiful workload, I managed to clear my desk of all but three projects I'll tackle Monday.

This week was a confidence-builder. I'm feeling a bit of "if I could do this, I could do anything."

But I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I was ready to give up my four-day weekends with baby on a regular basis, yet.

No comments: