Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random News of Note

1. Pregnancy Portraits: I know how impressive our snapshots every two weeks are, but for something a little more sophisticated, I scheduled a session for Sunday, June 7 with Scott Church. I'll be between 33 and 34 weeks then, which I understand is a perfect time for pictures. I'll be big, round and glowing, but not yet swollen, uncomfortable and desperate to avoid a camera. Sooo excited, and I hope we'll be able to make some images as pretty as this, this and this (warning: there's a tastefully exposed boob in the last one).

P.S., I'm confident a session with baby will follow shortly after his birth, to get gorgeous shots like this, this and this.

2. Yay for GREAT deals! Yesterday I ordered this glider/ottoman combo for HUNDREDS less than MSRP. I thought the deal was too good to be true until a few girls assured me the company from which I ordered was reputable and legit. Not sure how they can offer this Dutailier -- kind of the Mercedes Benz of gliders -- for 40 plus percent off the standard price, but I'll take it. It should arrive within the month.

3. New Pregnancy symtoms. One normal, one I've never heard of happening to anyone else. The normal one is round ligament pain, or sharp stabbing pains and aching cramps around my lower abdomen. The round ligaments surrounding my uterus are stretching and thickening to accommodate and support the growing womb. Not too, too painful, but they let you know they're there. The one that is perhaps not-so-normal is the sudden presence of pimples in my hairline. Just as my backne disappears completely, I start feeling new little bumps every time I wash my hair. Oh well, at least I'm not breaking out where people can see it.

4. A fall. This morning I took a tumble that scared me and reminded me that I have to be more aware of my movements at all times. I got out of bed, threw on my sweats and headed downstairs to release Hercules for breakfast. (yes, we lock the little bastard up at night, so he doesn't wake us and destroy things by knocking every single item on a surface above the floor, off onto the floor) As soon as my bare foot hit the first carpeted step down into the lower level, I slipped and bounced down the staircase on my butt. I didn't hurt anything other than my ass and my shoulder breaking my fall, but the fall shocked me enough to make me sprout tears. Oh, and it TERRIFIED Hercules, who I found cowering in the corner when I opened the door to his lair. My balance still seems to be in tact otherwise, so I think this may have been a random fluke where I was moving too fast and not paying attention. I promise to be more careful in the future.

No comments: