Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hellloooo, second trimester!

Other than a few headaches this past week and the continuous early-evening exhaustion, I'm still feeling great.

I'm wondering if the tiredness will begin to wane soon as many of the books say it does during the second tri, only to return full-force in the last three months of pregancy.

On another (completely unrelated) note, the next few weeks will test my dedication to heels. From what I've read, increased relaxin (a hormone) will start coursing through my body, and just as it allows the pelvic bones to expand in preparation for giving birth, it can also loosen other joints. In short, my feet may expand (oh, yay! *cough, sarcasm, cough*) and my balance may be affected. Gulp.

In other news, word will be spreading soon around my workplace as the top bosses are made aware of my condition. I'm ready to share the news with anyone interested, but it's funny how seamless and appropriate opportunities to bring up the topic with coworkers just haven't manifested themselves. Everytime the idea crosses my mind, it seems like an akward attention grab. Just waiting for that perfect segue...

We're also exploring two options for maternity leave, and we're hoping the powers-that-be agree that three months paid leave followed by about nine months of part-time work (three days a week) will be best plan for all parties involved.

And while I think it's way, way early to be thinking about child care, apparently I'm wrong. Otherwise, there wouldn't be waiting lists 20 to 30 infants deep at local centers. So I'm gathering basic info and touching base with Jess's in-home daycare giver to lay the groundwork. Sounds crazy, but I think people must have started planning daycare before they got pregnant.

Headaches, shoes, co-workers and daycare. That should suffice for an update and a strange association of completely unrelated things.

1 comment:

Cayden said...

Headaches, shoes, co-workers, and daycare. One of the wonders of babies is that they can forge miraculous bonds in the most unusual places, bringing much joy in the process. And yes, Liz, I wore a size 8 1/2 shoe until you were born!