Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

OK, this made me a little excited

I found a Web site that let's you diagram and plan a nursery for FREE! So of course I spent about half an hour measuring every wall, window, heat vent, etc. in our second bedroom, and plugged the measurements into the schematic.

Now these measurements would mean nothing, of course, unless we actually had some idea of the size of furniture we'll need for the nursery. Well, we're a lot closer on that front than we were when we woke up this morning. I drug Brian to Babies'R'Us this afternoon (his first trip) to start to get a feel for the price/quality of cribs and furniture. I think we lucked out on our first trip, because we both really like this. In fact, we not only like the solid wood furniture, but the bedding in the picture would work in our green nursery, too. No, we're not putting any wallpaper border or anything up, but the lion/zebra/giraffe/monkey theme is kinda cute. Not making any decisions on bedding or theme, yet, but this one is a contender.

Soooo, once I brought home the Baby Cache brochure and realized it included dimensions for the crib, armoire and changing table/dresser, I started plugging them into this handy-dandy room planning tool, too.

So here are our first three tries at nursery design! Our first and favorite design, our second try (if there isn't enough room between the changer and crib in the first) and a third design, which puts my glider in between the two windows.

I just did one more, even though Brian's not a fan of the floating crib in the middle of the room.

What a cool tool!

1 comment:

Cayden said...

Wow! I Like it! It's very similar to what you had as a baby, and practical enough to grow with the child. Don't buy too much stuff too early, though. That's what baby showers are for!