Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Alfred Angelo, bite me.

Here's the text of an e-mail I sent to my bride-to-be sister-in-law today. Since it's pregnancy related, I figured I should share it here, too.

We're hoping for the best.

-----Original Message-----
From: Liz
Sent: Thursday, February 12
To: Nicole
Subject: Ohmifreakingosh

Not sure why, but I decided to take another look online today at my bridesmaid dress for your wedding. Imagine my surprise when I searched “M” for maternity on the Alfred Angelo site, and MY DRESS DIDN’T COME UP.

Turns out the dress they sold me ISN’T A MATERNITY DRESS. They only offer one, and it’s the OTHER one they showed me in-store.

So, needless to say, I called the store to voice my concern. Manager-on-duty Christie confirmed that it’s "not really" a maternity dress, but it’s a dress they know has worked for other pregnant women. It’s "kind of forgiving," and it's "only missing the darts they put in the maternity dress" that make it fit over a big belly. I informed Christie, as I had told the chick who helped me, that I’ll be EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT at your wedding, about as BIG AS I CAN BE and that I have a feeling I MAY NEED THOSE MATERNITY DARTS!

Christie was very nice and told me she made a note in my file that their seamstress will put darts in the dress for me for free, if I need them. I’m thankful for her professionalism and I will remain positive unless I find reason to feel otherwise down the road.

Ohmifreakingosh.

No comments: