Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 26, 2009

And, we're off!

And running, that is, in the race to prepare for baby's arrival.

Ordered the nursery furniture yesterday, and surprisingly, it's ready for pick up already. First we have to empty the second bedroom of its current furniture, however, so it looks like that will be Sunday's project. Our first bedroom set is going to a good new home, to Nicole & Will.

Saturday morning we will travel to Lancaster for our cloth diaper consultation, then we'll take a first stab at registering at Babies'R'Us.

I stopped by BRU last night to return the pink baby booties Lauren & Jeff got us (they got us a pink set and blue set, so they had the answer right regardless of Tuesday's news), and I figured I may as well get the registration part of registering out of the way while I was there. Good thing I did. It took about 20 minutes, and the attendant confirmed that Saturday will be nuts in the store, and filling out paperwork and learning the ropes that day could be a nightmare.

The other bonus to registering before actually taking the scan gun through the aisles is that I have a few days to review the guide and lists BRU provided and compare them against Baby Bargains and some ideas I have in mind. I'm trying to do as much advance work as possible, so that Saturday simply involves gathering price comparisons, scanning items we've (read: I've) already picked and having Brian try out strollers, since few are made to accommodate six-foot tall men.

He's already kind of dreading Saturday's agenda, so I want to make the boring stuff as seamless and easy as possible for him. It doesn't hurt that the day will end with good friends and copious amounts of booze for Brian. See, it's all about balance: I get what I want; he gets what he wants.

Oh, and yes, we're thinking about names again. Brian made it all the way through the "L"s in the name book, but he only found five names he likes, so far.

1 comment:

eechyjee said...

It is truly astounding, yet then, at that point gander at the bearing at this treat. c2nextgen