Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 4, 2009

I used to think we needed a waterproof mattress pad for Brian...

...now we need it for me. Back in the day -- a few years after college when Brian still partied like he was in college -- the waterproof pad protected from any bed wetting. For the record, there never was any wetting IN the bed. In random places other than the bed or toilet, maybe, but those are stories for another time.

In any case, we gave up the waterproof mattress pad a couple of years ago, and now I may have to try to find it.

I layed down in bed this morning for about an hour and dozed off. Then I woke up in a puddle of milk. Second time this has happened. Worst part is, it looked like it could have been an ounce or more (big wet spot). Damn, I could have pumped and frozen that, if I hadn't leaked it.

In other news, Cayden weighed 12 pounds, 11.5 ounces yesterday, only 1.5 ounces more than on Tuesday. But Mary said a decent sized stool can weigh three or four ounces, and Chicken Wing did have a medium-sized blow out in his dipey before I weighed him.

Now we're on our way to three generations of babysitters (great-Grandma, Grandma Barb and Auntie Nicole), who will watch Cayden while we go meet with Pastor Wetzel about his baptism service. And then I'm going to meet Jess to make up for that pedicure that never happened.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Wow...I started leaking overnight almost as soon as my milk came in. I'm surprised that you've gotten this far without noticing it. You'll be sleeping in a nursing bra and breast pads for quite a while!

Liz said...

Oh, I've been leaking for a while, just not in bed and not that much. Usually my sports bra and the waterproof pad I put on the couch catch everything. But this morning I let it all hang out in bed for an hour, thinking I'd be safe.