Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A very, very good weekend

Three straight days of relaxing, and absolutely no chores or productivity around the house. Just what we needed.

Friday, we spent eight hours at the Hotel Hershey. I started with an 8:30 a.m. Yoga class, and Brian hit the hotel gym. My class ended up being really cool, because I was the only one who showed up for it! So instructor Michelle walked me through 50 minutes of stretching, balance and focused breathing excercises. After my class, I walked a couple of miles on the treadmill while Brian finished up his workout. Then we walked around the hotel grounds a bit (GORGEOUS, and largely renovated/expanded within the past year), wondering how exactly they control or monitor the duck population in the koi ponds. (There was only one duck couple per pond, and we imagine the spot must appeal to more than four ducks.) After our walk, Brian hit the spa locker room & showers, and I got changed into a robe and read in the quiet room until he was done. Then we lunched on soup, gourmet salads, wraps and mini-desserts at Oasis -- in our robes; a FANTASTIC experience -- until it was time for our massages. We got an 80-minute couples massage (loved the Noche Jasmine oil). Mine was on an inclined massage table, and after laying face-up for 40 minutes of rub-down, my masseuse had me rotate for a side-lying second half of the massage. Our massages were so good we both slipped in and out of sleep. After the massages, we collected ourselves for a few minutes in the quiet room, then traded the spa robes in for swim suits. We finished the afternoon at the brand new pool facility,
catching some rays and enjoying each other's company.
(My view from the Hershey pool.) I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect all-day date.

Saturday we slept in, then spent some more time pool-side with Brian's family. Enjoyed a GREAT dinner with my dad at Carrabbas, and we opted for bed over fireworks, both asleep by 10 p.m.

And Sunday rounded out a wonderfully perfect weekend: a great maternity portrait session with Scott Church, then a family picnic and a brief visit to see Jess, Dave & Max.

Mmmmmm, what a great weekend.

No comments: