Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A very productive weekend

The boys and I missed Brian this past weekend, but boy did I get a lot done while he was away.

Saturday morning I cleaned the house, nearly top-to-bottom, then tackled the new pile of baby stuff from Friday's shower. Did a load of laundry; finished stuffing and putting away Bum Geniuses; packed the hospital bags 99 percent of the way (we'll just have to grab my hairbrush & eyelash curler on our way out the door); returned some diaper rash cream to Babies'R'Us and made use of three 15 percent off coupons (bottles, crib saver sheet, booster seat); attended Avery Lech's first birthday party; made trips to Walmart, Target & the Carter's outlet; figured out and set up the video baby monitor; and finished the night with a self-pedicure.

By the way, it's a lot harder now to scrub, exfoliate, moisturize and beautify my feet than it was the last time I did my toes.

Today I finished up laundry, made the last of the meals I wanted to prep and freeze before baby boy arrives, scoured the kitchen, sorted through a stack of unattended mail and completed the second round of shower thank you notes.

Not only did I get a ton of stuff done, but I also got to indulge in a weekend of Real Housewives of New Jersey, The Real World and 16 and Pregnant.

Back to work tomorrow, when/where I hope to see pics from Friday's surprise.

No comments: