Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Brian, I love you.

Today is the first day of my thirties, and my darling husband made for a really good birthday weekend.

He took me to a wonderful just-the-two-of-us dinner Friday (Grandma Barb & Grandpa Bill were 17-day-old Cayden's first babysitters), and he coordinated a birthday-slash-meet-Cayden party last night for about 30 people at our house.

He slept with and bottle-fed Cayden Friday and Saturday nights so I could enjoy some adult beverages and two nearly full nights of sleep.

Boy oh boy do I love that husband of mine. Because he's so caring and supportive, especially when I need it most. Because he's so much better at burping Cayden than I am. Because he can always put a smile on my face. Because he worked so hard to make my birthday special. Because he still thinks I'm sexy, even after labor & delivery, and tells me so. Because he's the best darned smelling guy I've ever come across. Because he can't stand to see me unhappy or worried and does his best to prevent and remedy sad and worrisome situations. Because he has picked up the baby books as many times as I have to try to decode Chicken Wing signals.

I love him more and more every day, and I am so thankful to be blessed with the best partner and friend I could ask for.

No comments: