Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 7, 2009

Double Digits

Cayden is 10 days old, officially in double-digits. Not giving Mama much rest at night (feeding every two to three hours, then fussing a bit afterwards), but we try to catch up with mid-morning and evening naps. And we're still on the couch, at least for now.

I'm going to try to catch it on video somehow, but this kid has some impressive power behind his poops and toots. No one who has heard them can believe such loud, powerful noises come from such a small, innocent looking baby. He actually scared me the other night, when he let one rip.

Funny thing happened yesterday when I put all my maternity clothes away in the spare closet: I got upset. Turns out I kinda miss being pregnant, and stowing all my elastic-waist pants and room-to-grow shirts in the back of the closet made me realize how quickly nine months went and what a great experience it was for me. I'm very glad to have an outside baby now, but I can't help but feel just a little less "special" without a basketball protruding from my front . Hopefully I'll have one more chance to be special and wear all those clothes again, assuming they're still stylish in a few years.

And yesterday's reflection reminded me how glad I am to have kept this journal along the way, because I can always go back and relive the excitement, the little annoyances and the new discoveries we made along the way. After all, you're only pregnant with your first child one time, and I'm so happy to have preserved a lot of those experiences.

No comments: