Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

You know it's bad when Dad loses his cool

Last night Cayden gave Brian a real test. He Just. Wouldn't. Stop. Crying. I'm talking wailing and screaming, for a few hours. I took him for a walk, but he started crying as soon as we got home. I bounced him, but he started crying as soon as I stopped. Brian fed him, but he started crying as soon as he finished the bottle.

Dad started to lose his cool (he mentioned something about giving the baby back), and it was the first time he'd been pushed that far by Chicken Wing. Dad lasted until four weeks and two days before he flipped.

I tried my best to support Brian and tell him what a good job he was doing, just like he's done countless times for me.

Eventually, Cayden fell asleep from utter exhaustion. We think he got overly excited when he and I were stuck in traffic mid-afternoon and just couldn't calm down until about 8 p.m. But then he slept for two consecutive stints of three hours each.

No comments: